This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Multitude of Blessings - Princess Jazz
]]>

« Home | Thirsty Soul » | Photos » | 11 Days! » | Life » | Hot Ass » | Frig and then some Good Stuff » | Girly Pants » | Working » | In General » | Points! »

Monday, August 22, 2005

Multitude of Blessings

I just returned home from one of the best weekends ever!
Todd and I drove up to Ottawa on Thursday night. Friday morning I had an observation shift as part of the interview process for a job I was applying to in Ottawa. Most of you probably know where I work but I'll briefly explain for those who don't. I work for Christian Horizons - they have group homes all over Ontario for people with developmental disabilities. I worked at a home in Waterloo, then transferred to 2 homes in Woodstock for the summer and am now transferring to Ottawa. So far I've only worked relief (casually). I was applying for a 40 hour full-time contract. Usually I think it takes a while before people get such sweet contracts but I was blessed because I got the job! The home I'll be working at is a 10 minute walk from our apartment. I was so excited I was freaking out all evening.

A super cool thing that happened at the observation shift was that one of the other staff turned out to be a guy that I met at camp 8 years ago. I dated a friend of his, and we have some mutual friends so it was really cool to talk to him again. Now that I got the job I guess we'll be working together. It's pretty nice to already know someone going into a new job in a new city. God's been doing a lot of cool things like that in my life lately.

Yesterday was the wedding of friends of ours - Becky & Rob. I met Becky at a Campus Crusade meeting in first year university. We decided that night that we were going to be "really good friends" and so far it's worked out. Todd and I had to plan our wedding date around theirs. They are an awesome couple. Their wedding was very very nice. Classy and traditional and completely them. We had a great time.

Last night was superfun. Friends of ours needed a place to crash for the night so they stayed at our trashed, messy, un-moved-in apartment with us. We went to Ikea and bough some furniture and then came back and put it together and hung out. The 3 boys, Todd, Tim & Byron, slept in the living room while the 3 girls, Becky, Erica & I slept in our queen size bed. Becky and Byron quickly fell asleep while in our room Erica and I talked until late into the night. We got up at one point to realize that Tim & Todd were out on the balcony doing the same.

I love meeting new people, and I love moments where you know you're bonding. We had some serious bonding going on last night. Erica and I had met before - we have many mutual friends - but we've never really known each other well. She is awesome. Definitely the kind of person that I want to hold on to. I'm hoping we'll keep in touch.
It was also great that Todd and Tim got to chill for a bit. They've lived together for the past couple years and they've got a great friendship. I respect Tim a lot and I value the role he plays in Todd's life so I was glad that they got a chance to talk.

Today we drove home and met with our cellist, Andrea, in Toronto for a bit to finalize wedding details. She's a close friend of Todd's so it's going to be great to have her involved.

So there it is - a summary of my spectacular weekend, full of a multitude of blessings.


congrats jasmine! happy to hear that things are falling into place! peace, laura k

Congrats on the job!

i need some new stuff to read.. you just moved i need to know whats going on in your life...

more posts please

STINK!!

i check this everyday in hopes of an update....
way to fall off the face of the planet...

hey yo, duck-wanna-be turned Duck-is-a-be yer phat (in more ways then one) good jerb on getting the jerb,and whoah yer wall is red, hahahaha Todds a pine apple.... and yer a radish ( don't know what all that means)... but hey yer married, thats cool.... I mean thats what yo fool. wells i gotta Gee two Gee, se yall mon boueff chien, piece out

Post a Comment

   << Home