This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

24 - Princess Jazz
]]>

« Home | A Slice in Time » | the BEST place on earth » | Vacation » | Gummi Bears » | Eventful Weekend » | Traditions » | Internet Friends » | 1985 » | Sick » | 6 Weird Things »

Saturday, March 10, 2007

24

I accidentally planned a sort-of birthday party for myself this morning. I made plans to go yarn shopping with my friend Diana without realizing that this was my birthday. Then I invited Becky, and shortly after Darcie. So today we all met up at Knit Knackers, a super cute yarn store downtown Ottawa. Diana was kind enough to invite us all back for tea and cake at her place. It was nice and small and cozy and exactly the way I like to party. We drank tea and wound our skeins of yarn into centre-pull balls and have a very nice time.

I went directly from there to work where I got to work with a bunch of my friends. Lizzie & Christine surprised me with a cake and it was fantastic. (The surprise and the cake!) They went all out - using a blindfold and getting a chcoclate Extreme Blizzard cake from Dairy Queen. 4 layers of chocolate. Mmmmm.

So, today was a great birthday. And to make it even better, the celebrations actually started last night. Todd took me out for dinner at a nice Thai place and gave me a gorgeous pearl necklace. I'll have to tak e apicture sometime to share but it's modern and simplistic and beautiful and REAL. It's nice to have something that I know has worth attached to it even though it scares me because I break most things I touch. I'll just be extra careful with this.

Also, I bought angora yarn today which makes me happy. It's very very soft, like a little bunny.

Thank you to everyone who made my day so wonderful!


Happy Birthday, Jazz!

Sounds like you have GREAT friends!! haha... I wanna see the pearls sometime! I'm so thrilled you had a great birthday! 24 is a good yr!

Post a Comment

   << Home