This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Fun Times & Rough Times - Princess Jazz
]]>

« Home | Lost: » | My guinea pig smells like Herbal Essences » | I knitted some stuff » | I'm an Idiot » | Some Silly Pictures » | Vacation » | Sorry in advance that this post is so individualized » | :D » | Shiny » | Right Armpit »

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Fun Times & Rough Times

Sorry I've been absent lately, my parents were here for 5 days so I was kind of busy with them. We went to the market Saturday morning, impulse-bought a couch and chair. They were perfect for us and on sale, we couldn't not buy them. Then we went to the GreekFest and ate good food and saw whole lambs roasting on spits. Todd said they looked like they were dancing to the music. I can't find the photo I took now, but I'll post it later.

We went to our friends' (Keith and Darcie) wedding ceremony Saturday. I ran into a guy I knew way way back in the day at Braeside. Crazy. I waitressed at the reception, ducked out a bit early and chilled with my parents in the late evening.

Sunday was church and then the museum of Civilization. If you ever come to Ottawa GO THERE! It is my favourite thing. Technically it's in Gatineau but whatever, it's all one big city. We also went to Ikea, and my parents visited the parliament buildings which was, I think, the highlight of their trip here. Makes me think I should go tour them as well.

So now I am exhausted! Which partly explains why I've been teary all day. That, and the time of month, and the fact that my world at work is being turned upside down. I'm losing my shift partner yet again, which means that whoever is hired will influence my day-to-day life a LOT. Let's hope and pray that it's someone great. It also means that I essentially never work with Micah anymore. : ( And my schedule is changing a bit. I have an twelve hour shift now. So it'll take a while to see how all these changes will play out, they're not effective until September. I know it's all for the best but change is still hard. Hopefully some good sleep-in time tomorrow will help me cope.

I'll likely be back to post pictures later. They'll be good. (Mmmm, skinless sheep....)


Jazz.

Some bad news for ya. I'll be talking to Glen tomorrow about possibly switching to the open shift so I don't become a stranger to my kids. If he approves it, you'll be (sadly) stuck with me.
=)

Great to hear from you on my site. Didn't know you liked Satch, he's a favorite of mine (as long he's not singing).

Karen's blog is http://phileo-sophia.blogspot.com if you care to check it out.

-Wes

O.k. Jazzy D.

I'm changing my name for you from Jazzy J to Jazzy D (duckworth, duh!)

I do hope for you that the changes work out the for the best!
I too am trusting the Lord that someone hired is awesome! Out of the world awesome!

I am glad I'll see more fo you tho'. Twill be fun!

K-I gotta know.. what'd u do with your little futon? I would love a bid on it if you are looking to get rid of it.. I have room and need seating.. lol

Lemme know if you want..

Take good care and enjoy your day off!

me

Hey Jazz Sorry you're teary. I'm praying for THE BEST work partner ever for you too! How does the 12 hour shift work into your schedule? That must be something new. By the way -the highlight of our trip was seeing you two, although we did both really enjoy the parliament buildings.
Love you! MOM

Jazz.

You have been added to my blogroll. I think. Still working out the bugs.

Also. Whether you see this as good news, or bad, I spoke with Glen, and will be taking Micah's old contract, instead of my own which would have had me working 3 weeks of evenings (I'd be a stranger to my son.) He's letting me switch.

Post a Comment

   << Home