This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Birthday Weekend - Princess Jazz
]]>

« Home | Weirdness » | Shum Vob » | Check It -----> » | Various Spaces of Life » | Book Tag » | Finger!! » | No Knobs » | Homeless No More » | Sexy Stuff » | Where My Girls At? »

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Birthday Weekend

Todd's birthday was yesterday. He has now caught up to me and is 22. Yesterday after church we went out for Thai food at a new place. It was pretty good. Today I told him we could do whatever he wanted.... so we basically did errands. It was a good day though. He got some new clothes, we figured out our insurance stuff for our apartment and to end it all off we went to see War of the Worlds. It was creepy and good. I was surprised thought that there was no mention of or reference to spirituality. Most apocalyptic movies have some hint of it. I guess this did but only from the narrator. The characters never seemed to think of a higher power, which I think is unrealistic. Generally when things start to go badly, no matter how un-religious people are, they often turn to some form of spirituality to help them cope. This movie seemed to ignore that aspect of humanity. Other than that though, it was very good and I like that it dealt with the conflict between humans and aliens, but also between humans and other humans. It addressed that very well.

I'm getting offline now so that's it for tonight.


Post a Comment

   << Home