This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Bleedin' In a Whole New Way - Princess Jazz
]]>

« Home | Full and Guilt Free » | Stupid D » | Distractions! » | Spiderman » | Links and Comments » | Frig » | Research » | Retreat » | Sad Immoral World » | More Stuff »

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Bleedin' In a Whole New Way

^That sounds like it could be the title of a break-up song about broken hearts. But what I'm referring to is real live red blood. That's right... I have yet another glucometer, and i'm stoked about it. (For those of you who are lacking the terminology, a glucometer is the little machine I use to test my blood 3 or 4 times a day.) As a member of the CDA (Canadian Diabetes Association) I get newsletters and stuff. The most recent letter came with a coupon for a free Freestyle Mini glucometer if I only bought a box of the test strips. So after dropping $90 on the strips (which is actually a good deal, I think my normal brand costs $106/box - and I get it all back from the insurance company anyway -) I got a free meter. I like it because it's tiny. Really it's juts ridiculously small. And apparently it hardly needs any blood to take a reading (yes!). AND... I can test on places other than my fingertips, like my arms and legs and hands. I've had other meters that could supposedly do this but I could never get them to work. Apparently I have no blood in my arms. But maybe with this new one, it'll work, which means my fingers can take a much needed break.
All of this probably isn't that interesting to any of you but to me this a great new (practical) toy. I guess I shoudl stop complaining about the useless CDA. Most of the time they suck but then every once in a while I get these sweet hookups and they prove their (sort of) worth.


Post a Comment

   << Home