This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Old Ladies - Princess Jazz
]]>

« Home | Reclaimed » | Fear » | Complaining » | Busy busy » | Poodle » | Mmmmm » | Halloween of Ages Past » | Iced Tea » | Speed of Light » | Endings »

Friday, April 29, 2005

Old Ladies

Today was a good day. I woke up and five minutes later Kris called me. I was thrilled because I'd been hoping to see her today. An hour and a half later we were out driving across the countryside trying to find this funky craft store/place without a map or any real sense of direction. Surprisingly we only made one wrong turn and were able to find the place relatively quickly.

This place we went to is pretty cool. It's owned by a couple who like to make stuff. He makes sculptures out of tree trunks, a chainsaw, and odds and ends of junk. She paints. They live in a bright blue and yellow house in the middle of a forest. Their store is also in this forest, and all through the trees are paths and sculptures and gardens. There are two tiny little "houses" filled with comfy chairs, woodstoves, music, tea and cookies. Kris and I wandered the grounds and then sat and had tea and cookies. We felt like old ladies but it was fun.

After that we hooked up with Morgan and eventually Danielle and just hung out for a bit. It was good to be with friends. When I really miss Todd but can't see him, the next best thing is to be with Kris. She's a great friend. (I'm writing this because it's true but also because she told me today that she never wants to be mentioned on this site. Haha, dumb girl, you shouldn't have said that.)

Tomorrow is my first shift back at the restaurant. I've been working there 4.5 years now. It will be very good to be back in a familiar role. I love waitressing and I don't think I can imagine my life without it. Being able to say "I'm a waitress" has become such a part of my self-identity that I don't want to give it up. Ideally I'd like to find a part-time job in a restaurant in Ottawa in September on top of whatever hours I work for CH. Restaurants are so much fun!

Another random note: I started reading The Story We Find Ourselves In by Brian MacLaren last night. It's the sequel to A New Kind Of Christian. So far it seems as though I'm going to like it. I loved the first book so I expected to enjoy this one as well. I'm a bit apprehensive of his approach to the creation-evolution debate. I was always taught that evolution was all garbage so this should be interesting.

That's all I've got for tonight.


Weird how we ended up talking about this, and I didn't even see the post until now.

I really think that you'll like the book. Part of its effect is less pronounced because you've already been broken in, so to speak, after the first book. Nevertheless, there's enough crazies left in Mr. McLaren's ideologies to shake up your worldview some more!

I can't wait to start the third one with you! :D

Post a Comment

   << Home