This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

True That - Princess Jazz
]]>

« Home | Movies (Past, Present and Future) » | Doctors » | Albanians » | Sleepless » | Good Times » | Sister » | Old Ladies » | Reclaimed » | Fear » | Complaining »

Friday, May 20, 2005

True That

I worked my standard Friday lunch shift at the restaurant today. Not much of note happened. The lunch rush was a bit late and not as big as usual but not bad money. My boss' 4 year old son kept me company for the slower parts of the day. I love that kid. He's always telling me "I like you Jasmine, you're the best" and hugging me. I used to hang out with his brother like that, when he was young and at home during the day. Now that Dash has grown up it's nice to have a new little buddy.

There's this one customer that often comes in and always throws me off. He's young, probably mid-twenties. He reminds me of a friend of mine, Bryan. What's unusual about this is that Bryan died a few years ago. So it's very strange to be interacting with this guy like normal while the entire time I'm thinking of Bryan. When Bryan was alive I probably would not have thought that he would have such a big impact on me. But I think about him fairly often and it's been almost 4 years since he was killed. We didn't even see much of each others in the last few years before his death - he moved and switched schools and y'know.... but we were friends when we were kids (gr. 8, 9, 10) and we lived close so we saw quite a bit of each other. There was a group of us that used to hang out and I wonder how much the others think back to those times.

Life is strange. It's hard to realize the impact of things when they're around, but as soon as there's a shift and things change and are lost, then we notice their absence. It's like that song "you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone." True that.


Post a Comment

   << Home