This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

A Synopsis of my Weekend - Princess Jazz
]]>

« Home | Random Bits » | Really long survey thing. » | Dancing and Diversity (or, My Love for Immigrants!) » | Bleedin' In a Whole New Way » | Full and Guilt Free » | Stupid D » | Distractions! » | Spiderman » | Links and Comments » | Frig »

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

A Synopsis of my Weekend

I spent the beginning part of my Easter weekend writing a paper. (That was great fun, let me tell you.) I worked Friday evening and then went out for Fish 'n Chips with Justin at Molly Bloom's. There was live music and the food was good. As we sat there eating, him with a knife and fork, and me with my chopsticks, he remarked that we would make a pretty funny picture. I'm trying to teach him how to be Chinese, and although he can manage with the chopsticks, he still prefers a fork. SomedayI hope to fix that.....

Saturday night I went home to my parents' place. It was great to be back with all my siblings. Things are best when all 4 of us are together. We have so much fun.

Sunday morning was the annual Easter breakfast at my church - Kris even came this year (which totally made my day!) I sang on the worship team (that was a last minute idea) and then we had my Aunt, Uncle, and cousin over for lunch. When checking my email Sunday afternoon I found out that my friend Jessica's father had passed away on Good Friday. So after calling around and emailing people I arranged my plans for attending the funeral.

Monday was spent doing errands with my family and trying to calm my cowboy brother down by assuring him that "we won't be shopping for very long". Ha, he believed us. Later that evening I met up with Justin so he could stay at my parents' place so we could drive to the funeral together the next day. As weird as it was having him at my home, it was nice to have him visit. We played some video games and guitar and just generally hung out. Good times.

And then today. Today was a little different. We got all dressed up and drove the hour-plus to the town where the funeral was being held. It wasn't an overly sad funeral, as far as funerals go. He was a Christian, which always makes it easier to bear, and he had been sick for a very long time, so this wasn't exactly a shock. But still..... I can't imagine being in that place, and having to deal with that. I had no clue what to say to Jess. Even though I felt useless, I just wanted to be there. The service was nice and I feel like they expressed her dad's personality well. I'd never met him, but they gave off a good sense of who he was as far as I could tell. I don't even know what to write about all this. What can you say? There's nothing productive that can be said. I was glad to be there though.

After the service, we ate lunch at some Italian place, and then I had the great idea to get ice cream. Bad idea. We were both on the verge of throwing up we had so much ice cream. It was so messy we had to stand in a parking lot and drip all over the place. And we ended up throwing out over half of the ice cream. Stupid Dairy Queen and their ridiculous sizing. A "Small" should be small. Whatever.

So that was my weekend. Some fun times, some sad times, pretty boring for you all to read. But you can deal with it. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have something more random and exciting to report. We'll see.


I think that "manage with chopsticks" is a bit of a stretch; I am quite visibly incapable of using chopsticks properly. And why wouldn't I prefer a fork? It requires far less dexterity and can be used to eat in so many ways (stabbing, shovelling, manipulating, moving, etc.)... anyhow, I think you'll have a tough time teaching me how to really use them.. I am pretty gimp. But yeah, Friday was a lot of fun.

And on a completely different train of thought, thanks for offering your home to me.. the past couple of days have really been a fun time. Even with the near-vomitting :) Anyhow, I'm much too tired to continue this comment that I began several hours ago... more thoughts later.

Post a Comment

   << Home